The learning objectives for this module are as follows:
- Outline the need for, and importance of, HACCP-based food safety management systems.
- Describe the HACCP approach to food safety procedures.
- Review the legislation relating to HACCP.
- Describe the importance of prerequisite programmes and what they should contain.
- Explain and evaluate the five preliminary steps in the logical application of HACCP.
- Identify hazards and risks in a food preparation or production process.
- Determine critical control points (CCPs) for significant hazards and establish critical limits.
- Describe the procedures required for monitoring CCPs and the corrective action procedures when CCPs fail.
- Evaluate HACCP based procedures through documentation and record keeping procedures.
- Outline the review and verification requirements for HACCP-based systems.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
This module is aimed at those responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a HACCP system/team. It is also suitable for small business owners/managers. This covers catering, retail and manufacturing.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course